Accommodation provided to Clients (guests) is governed by the legislation of the Slovak Republic and these Accommodation Rules. Provision of accommodation to Clients is conditioned by their acceptance of and compliance with the Accommodation Rules. Clients are required to familiarize themselves thoroughly with the Accommodation Rules, a failure to do so may not serve as an excuse. The Accommodation Rules can also be found at the reception desk of Hotel EUROPA**** (“the Hotel”).
GENERAL BUSINESS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The purpose of these General Business Terms and Conditions (“the GBTCs”) is to establish a legal framework for the relationships between the operator of the Hotel and its Clients and to inform Clients about the terms and conditions applicable to the provision of services.
- These GBTCs apply to the contracts for accommodation in hotel rooms, rental of the Hotel´s conference rooms for various events, organization of events, and provision of all other supplies and services to Clients.
- These GBTCs form integral part of each contract (agreement) and order whose subject-matter includes the Hotel´s undertaking to provide the Client with specific services and the Client´s undertaking to pay the agreed price for the services rendered.
- Clients are deemed to have familiarized themselves with these GBTCs unless it is proven that the access to the GBTCs has been restricted or prevented through the Hotel´s fault.
- These GBTCs become binding upon the Hotel on the day of their publication and upon the Client on the date of placing an order for a service.
I. DEFINITION OF TERMS
For contractual purposes:
Client –isa natural or legal person who concludes a contract for the provision of services with the Hotel or sends a binding order to the Hotel.
Hotel –is the building operated by the Fabrica 22s.r.o. company (registered office: Námestie gen. M. R. Štefánika 1, 945 01 Komárno, mailing address: Námestie gen. M. R. Štefánika 1, 945 01 Komárno, organization ID no.: 47581352, registered in the Commercial Register kept by the Nitra District Court, Section: Sro, File number: 52121/N) under the name Hotel EUROPA Komarno****.
Contracting parties – are the Hotel and the Client.
Service –is any service provided by the Hotel in compliance with its scope of business, i.e. in particular, accommodation, catering, wellness, and congress services.
Individual client – usually means 1 or up to 9 persons who jointly order any of the services provided by the Hotel or book accommodation in the Hotel with the same arrival and departure dates.
Group –usually means 10 or more persons who jointly order any of the services provided by the Hotel or book accommodation in the Hotel with the same arrival and departure dates.
Event – is a social event attended by a number of people and associated with provision of several services offered by the Hotel.
Event organizer –meanseach natural or legal person who arranges organizational, technical or other aspects of an event on behalf or for the benefit of the Client and enters into a contractual relationship with the Hotel for that purpose; unless otherwise agreed, the party ordering an event (the Client) is its organizer.
Upon payment – means the moment when the Hotel is able to use the funds paid to it, i.e. on the day of their crediting to the account or their acceptance at the counter, etc.
Damage –meansactual damage and lost profit. Damage shall be compensated in money; where the entitled Party requests it, the damage may be remedied by rendering damaged items into their original condition if possible.
II. Conclusion of a contract
- Conclusion of a contract means entering by the Hotel and the Client into a contract for the provision of services.
- By concluding a contract, the Hotel undertakes to arrange services for the Client to the agreed extent and in the agreed quality and, at the same time, the Client undertakes to pay the Hotel the agreed price and/or to compensate the Hotel for the damage incurred due to the use of hotel services.
- A contract commences upon confirmation by the Hotel of the Client´s order (booking). The confirmation may be executed in writing or sent via fax or e-mail.
- The Hotel and the Client are the Contracting Parties. Where the Hotel´s services are ordered by a third party (agent), the agent shall be the (contracting) party liable towards the Hotel unless the Contracting Parties agree otherwise.
- As concerns group or recurring orders, the Contracting Parties may conclude a written framework agreement and in such a case, the arrangements agreed in the framework agreement shall prevail over these GBTCs without prejudice to the validity of these GBTCs. This shall also apply to individual written contracts.
III. Accommodation services – individual Clients
- The Hotel shall make the booked rooms available to the Client at 02:00 pm on the agreed day of arrival. The Client is entitled to have the ordered room ready prior to that time only where it has been expressly agreed with the Hotel when concluding the relevant contract. The Client is not entitled to have a specific room at disposal unless they have specifically agreed it with the Hotel.
- The Client shall vacate the room on the agreed day of departure no later than by 10:00 am unless otherwise agreed in advance. Should the check-out take place later, the Hotel shall be entitled to charge the fee for late check-out in accordance with the valid pricelist.
- Should the Client fail to check-in until 06:00 pm on the day of arrival and no later check-in time has been expressly agreed, the Hotel shall be entitled to let the booked rooms to another Client. If the Client wishes to check-in after 06:00 pm, they shall notify the Hotel accordingly in advance.
- Where the Client checks in before 06:00 am, they shall pay the accommodation price for the entire previous night.
- After moving into the room, the Client shall notify the Hotel´s reception clerk about any drawbacks, discrepancies or objections immediately after establishing them. The Client shall proceed in a similar way where they establish any damage to the room or its furnishings. Where the Hotel establishes any damage to the room or its furnishings after the end of the Client´s stay and the Client has failed to inform the Hotel´s reception clerk about the damage, the Client shall fully compensate the Hotel for the damage to the room and/or its furnishings.
- The Client´s stay in the Hotel is governed by the Accommodation Rules and the Hotel´s Rules of Operation binding upon the Hotel´s Clients.
- The Hotel shall provide the Client with the possibility to store valuables or items of high financial, social or intellectual value in a safe place (hotel safe). Should the Client not make use of this right, the Hotel will be liable for the damage, if any, caused due to loss, abuse, damage, theft or any other circumstance only to a limited extent.
IV. Accommodation services – groups
- Unless otherwise specified in these GBTCs, the provisions of Article III hereof shall also apply to the accommodation of groups.
V. Prices for the services provided by the Hotel and payment terms
- The Client shall pay the agreed price for the services rendered and for the services provided by the Hotel to third parties on the basis of the Client´s express request.
- The price specified in the booking confirmation is the agreed price. Where no price has been agreed in this way, the prices in the published pricelist shall apply.
- The Hotel´s pricelist is final and the prices include value added tax except, but not local taxes.
- Where the period of time between the conclusion of a contract and provision of ordered services exceeds 4 months and the Hotel´s prices increase during that time, the Hotel may reasonably increase the agreed price but such an increase may not exceed 5% of the agreed price.
- The Hotel may also change prices where the Client changes, subject to the Hotel´s consent, the number of booked rooms, scope of hotel services, or length of their stay later.
- The Hotel may request an advance payment upon the conclusion of a contract.
- Unless otherwise agreed in advance, a tax document – invoice issued on the day of the Client´s departure from the Hotel´s premises or on the day when the Client made use of the ordered services provided by the Hotel shall serve as the basis for the payment for the services ordered and made use of by the Client. The invoice shall contain all the particulars laid down by applicable legal regulations of the Slovak Republic.
- An invoice shall be payable within 14 days from the date of its issue and shall be deemed to have been settled on the day on which the Hotel may dispose of the amount paid, i.e. on the day of crediting the relevant amount to the Hotel´s account.
- In case of delay, the Hotel shall be entitled to charge the interest on late payment, amounting to 0.5% of the outstanding amount for each day of the delay.
- The Client´s claim against the Hotel may be set off only where such a claim in undisputable or declared final.
- To arrange and duly prepare an event, the organizer of the event is to notify the Hotel of the final number of participants no later than 5 working days prior to the event date.
- Should the Client request a change in the scope of the services to be rendered, the Hotel will increase the scope of services according to its possibilities while applying due commercial care. However, the Client has no legal entitlement to any increase in the scope of the services that are to be rendered.
- A change in the number of participants by more than 10% is to be agreed with the Hotel in advance. The Hotel reserves the right to change unilaterally the already confirmed rooms upon such a change (deviation) in the number of participants; the agreed standard and technical equipment shall remain unchanged.
- Should the number of participants increase by more than 10%, the Hotel will be entitled to re-calculate and change the agreed price. The actual number of participants will serve as the basis for settlement of accounts.
- As concerns the events taking place in the restaurant and lasting longer than until 9.00 pm, the Hotel may charge a service surcharge on the basis of individual receipts unless the agreed price already factors in the extended time of the event (beyond the opening hours).
- The organizer, or the party ordering an event – customer, is not entitled to bring own meals and/or beverages to the event unless expressly agreed with the Hotel in writing and in advance. In such cases, the service surcharge will be charged based on the current pricelist.
- The event organizer and the party ordering the event shall be jointly and severally liable for the payment of the price for the meals and beverages ordered by event participants above the total agreed price.
- The event organizer and the party ordering the event shall be jointly and severally liable for the payment for the services ordered by event participants above the total agreed price.
- The Hotel shall not be liable for any violation of intellectual property rights by the Client. The organizer (or the ordering party) shall settle, in their own name, on their own responsibility and at their own expense, all liabilities towards copyright protection organizations in respect of the relevant event.
- The event organizer, or the ordering party, shall forthwith inform the Hotel where the event may give rise to public interest, disturb public order, restrict or pose a threat to the interests of the Hotel and other clients of the Hotel. The Hotel is entitled to take adequate measures to prevent such a situation and the Client shall tolerate such measures.
- Advertisements in newspapers or other media (print, electronic, etc.), promotion and notices addressing the general public, in particular, invitations to admission interviews, political, religious or commercial events that may indicate any relationship with the Hotel or could cause harm to the Hotel´s goodwill or parasitize on its reputation are subject to the prior express written consent granted by the Hotel.
- Where the event organizer requests that the Hotel arrange third-party technical and other equipment, the Hotel will do it always in the name and at the expense of the event organizer, or the ordering party, on the basis of an authorization granted by them. This shall not give rise to any obligation for the Hotel towards third parties; any third-party claims based on the use of such equipment shall always be the claims against the event organizer.
- The use of the organizer´s or the ordering party´s own electrical, electronic, and technical equipment requiring the use of the Hotel´s power system is subject to the written approval by the Hotel. The Hotel reserves the right to charge special fees in respect of the devices and equipment that increase the energy consumption or operating costs of the Hotel above the usual levels.
- The event organizer (or the ordering party) shall be fully liable for any malfunctioning of or damage to the technical equipment of the Hotel and they shall pay all the costs associated with rendering thereof into its original condition. The Hotel is entitled to inspect, through its employees or third parties, such equipment and the measures aimed at prevention of such situations and the Client shall tolerate it.
- The event organizer (or the ordering party) shall be fully liable for the safety of the technical, electronic and electrical equipment used by them.
- Any decorative materials or items brought to the Hotel´s premises shall comply with legal fire-protection requirements. The Hotel is entitled to request an opinion of competent public administration authorities. To prevent any damage, the installation and placement of the materials and items brought to the Hotel´s premises are to be agreed with the Hotel in advance.
- The exhibition and other items brought to the Hotel´s premises shall be removed immediately after the end of the event. If the organizer, or the ordering party, fails to remove them and leaves the items in the room used for the event, the Hotel shall be entitled to charge the rent for the room until removal of the items. Moreover, the Hotel is entitled to remove and store such items at the expense of the organizer, or the ordering party, without signing an agreement for custody or storage.
VII. Advance payment for services
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Hotel, the Hotel shall be entitled to require an advance payment of 50% of the total price of the services ordered, which should be settled no later than 30 days prior to the event date.
- Settlement of the advance payment confirms the binding nature of the relevant contract. In the event of cancellation, the advance already paid shall not be reimbursed and will be used as lump sum compensation (loss of profit).
- If the advance is not paid in a timely manner, the Hotel reserves the right to cancel the reservation without prior notice.
VIII. Withdrawal, order cancellation, cancellation terms and conditions
- The Client has the right to cancel ordered services or events.
- In the event of cancellation of already ordered events and/or services, the Hotel shall be entitled to compensation in the form of a cancellation fee, which shall be determined as a percentage of the fixed price of the services or the event, depending on the number of persons for whom the event(s) is (are) arranged, and the time that elapsed between the date of cancellation of the service or the event and the planned start of provision of the services or the event.
- Unless otherwise agreed or determined, the cancellation fees determined on the basis of prices for services and/or events are as follows:
- As concerns events, the Hotel shall be entitled to charge the following cancellation fees:
- Cancellation between the 15th and the 7th day prior to the planned start of provision of services – 50% of the assumed price
- Cancellation less than 6 days prior to the planned start of provision of services – 100% of the assumed price
- As concerns accommodation provided to individual Clients, the Hotel shall be entitled to charge the following cancellation fees:
- Cancellation between the 6th and the 3rd day prior to the planned check-in – up to 50% of the assumed accommodation price
- Cancellation less than 2 days prior to the planned check-in – up to 100% of the assumed accommodation price
- Accommodation provided to groups is subject to the event cancellation terms and conditions (clause 3a).
- The costs associated with the technical equipment ordered by the Hotel for the purposes of an event, which have already been incurred by the Hotel and cannot be covered by other uses, shall be borne by the Client in full. As concerns catering services, the estimated total price is the sum of the agreed prices for beverages, meals, room rentals, and charges for other services.
IX. Withdrawal from a contract by the Hotel
- The Hotel is entitled to withdraw from a contract where the reservation has been agreed with the option for the Client to withdraw from the contract without the obligation to pay and the Hotel registers requests concerning the rooms reserved by the Client and the Client does not waive their right of withdrawal upon the request of the Hotel. In addition, the Hotel may withdraw from a contract in the following cases:
- the right to withdraw has been agreed in writing with the Client and the reasons set out in the contract exist; the Client does not insist on the Hotel´s performance; the Client has outstanding liabilities towards the Hotel; or the Client fails to comply in a timely manner with their obligation to settle the advance payment agreed at the time of booking, however, the Hotel may not withdraw from the contract after the Client fulfils their obligation,
- circumstances beyond the Hotel´s control (e.g. force majeure) have occurred that make it impossible to perform the contract; the service or event has been booked by providing false, misleading or inaccurate information or other material facts,
- the Hotel has reasonable grounds to believe that the use of hotel services could endanger the proper operation of the Hotel or the safety or credibility of the Hotel as far as the public is concerned, without this being attributable to the owner of the Hotel or its organization.
X. Liability for the damage caused to the items brought to or stored within the Hotel´s premises
- The Hotel shall be liable only for the things brought and stored for Clients by the Hotel.
- The Hotel shall be liable for jewellery, money and other valuables only up to EUR 331.94. If the Client concerned fails to exercise their right to compensation within 15 days from the day on which they became aware of the damage, the right to compensation shall cease to exist.
- The provision of a parking space in the car park does not constitute a storage contract. The Hotel shall not be liable for loss of or damage to the motor vehicles and their accessories parked or moved within the premises.
- The Hotel shall not be liable for the injuries incurred during leisure time programmes of any kind, unless the damage has been caused by the Hotel as a result of its gross negligence or intent.
XI. Special provisions
- Pets are not allowed in the Hotel.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated hotel area; in all other areas of the Hotel (all indoor premises and rooms), smoking is prohibited. In the event of a breach of the smoking ban, the Hotel is entitled to impose a fine on the Client concerned, amounting to EUR 50 for each violation.
- No hazardous items, e.g. explosives, ammunition, corrosive substances, poisons, toxic substances, infectious or radioactive materials, may be brought to the Hotel.
- The Hotel will take messages, postal items and consignments containing goods addressed to Clients. Consignments of hotel guests will be sent at request and for a payment.
- Found items will be sent only at request of the Client concerned. Such items will be stored by the Hotel for six months a maximum. After the expiry of this period, the items that are obviously valuable will be handed over to competent authorities.
XII. Final provisions
- These General Business Terms and Conditions and the legal relationships arising based on them are governed by laws of the Slovak Republic.
- Should any provision hereof be or become ineffective or invalid, it shall be without prejudice to the validity and effect of remaining provisions hereof.
- Clients confirm acceptance of the General Business Terms and Conditions by placing their orders. The Hotel reserves the right to amend the General Business Terms and Conditions. The obligation to disclose these General Business Terms and Condition in writing has been complied with by their placement in accessible places within the Hotel and by their publication on the Hotel´s website https://hoteleuropa.sk.